Saturday, June 07, 2008

Deep Run Park

After church two sundays ago we went to Deep Run Park for some relaxation. It is a really cool park with lakes, walking/biking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and lots of animals. The coolest part was seeing a crane catch a fish. We walked up right as it was scouting out the lake for fish. I took a few pictures of it, took some pictures of the ducks nearby, and then heard a splash. I turned back and the crane had a fish in its mouth. That would have been an awesome picture if I had just stayed on the crane (especially since all the pictures I took of the ducks turned out blurry!). We found a nice shady spot to put our blanket and spent some time reading and watching the birds. It was so nice to just relax.

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

As always...LOVE your pictures. How important those times are when each of us can sneak away for some time to relax and recoup. Sounds like you and Matt had a great. Love the bird catching the fish, amazing pic!