Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

It has become a sort of tradition for us to get an orchid for Valentine's Day. We both agree that potted flowers are TONS better than cut flowers. They last so much longer. Matt surprised me with it after I'd had a LONG day at work because of parent-teacher conferences. He had a candle-lit dinner of Quizno's soup and bread bowls ready for me. It was very sweet and greatly appreciated. It was just what I needed - a night to just relax and not stress about work. Thanks Matt - you are the best. I love you so much.





There weren't any open flowers yet so it's been exciting to see the buds opening a little each day.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Ya you guys would like those potted plants stuff. I lack the motivation to keep them alive after a while. Good thing I don't have the problem with Elise or Brian! ;) But orchids are beautiful.

The Fifes said...

Awesome pictures! What a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have...glad you had a great Valentine's Day!

Jessica said...

I'm glad Matt took good care of you on Valentines. Your pictures are lovely, you captured the natural light perfectly! I don't think that's easy to do. You're a pro now in my book!

Hksedwick said...

I definitely agree potted plants are the best.