It's a bitter sweet feeling when you hear that someone you adore has passed away. Our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley died Sunday night at the age of 97. President Hinckley was known around the world for his service and love to everyone, not just Mormons. He was my favorite Prophet and I will miss hearing his messages at General Conference. But I know that he is happy now to be with his dear wife, Marjorie, who passed in 2004. He will be remembered forever for how he helped this great church grow.


3 comments:
I like the way you put it, bitter sweet. I can't think of a person who was more ready to die, he accomplished so much and helped so many! But in my selfish way, I want him to stick around because I learned so much from him and his exapmle. It's inspiring to me, I want to be thought of the same way. Though I am sure it is not possible to the same degree, it makes me want to be a better person that perhaps I could be an example to someone else as he has been for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
This was a great blog post! Thanks for all your help on Saturday...i haven't had a chance to do anything with exams but i have downloaded a ton of the scrapbooking things...very exciting!
So I was showing Elise pictures from your blog and she saw the picture of Pres. Hinkley. It was very sweet she pointed to it and said, "Pa" that means grandpa. I thought it was touching.
Post a Comment