
For Matt's birthday he decided he wanted to go to a parade. We had it all planned out that we would go to the parade in Richmond. But at the last minute he changed our plans and Saturday morning we were up bright and early driving to Williamsburg with Cameron and Haley. The hour and a half drive was m
ade much shorter when we realized we didn't have that much time to get there before the parade started. Haley's Dad grew up in Williamsburg and plays the fife in the Fife and Drums Band. They told us last year they missed him playing, so this year it was very important to get there on time. We got there and quickly realized this wasn't your ordinary parade. Practically everyone had
at least one dog with them and many spots in the parade were dedicated t
o these dogs. Haley was in heaven seeing all the Burnese Mountain Dogs.
They are huge and SO nice. And Matt was in heaven when we saw a French Bulldog. He has not stopped talking about how much he wants a dog since we've come back from that trip. We got to meet Haley's Dad and SUPER-NICE stepmom. Angela was seriously the nicest person I've ever met. She was a joy to be around. We shopped at the stores
which were highly overpriced but still fun
to go 
in. And Matt got some candy at the candy shop. We enjoyed hot beverages at the cafe
- Matt got hot chocolate and I got hot apple pie cider. It was delicious!! Then Haley's Dad treated us to pizza. My favorite part of Williamsburg was all the wreaths. They were amazing. And most of them were m
ade with real fruit. They must have weighed a ton!That night we had our friends over for games and goodies.


3 comments:
Williamsburg looks like a neat place. What cool wreaths! Dan loves dogs too, much more than I do. When I was pregnant I had a nightmare that I gave birth to a puppy; Dan was thrilled and I was horrified! Babies are much better than puppies. Anyway, Happy Birthday Matt!! Oh and I like the picture of Matt with the fife (or whatever that is).
Matt likes to go to parades? Richmond has changed you guys?! J/K glad you guys had a great time, and babies are a ton better than dogs.
Your pictures look amazing! So glad Matt had a good birthday. I love the pics of the wreaths on the front doors, neat idea. Ü
Post a Comment