{August 25th}
I woke up to the sound of drumming right outside my window. I discovered two bands outside our house drumming away in anticipation of the Opening Parade of the State Fair. Who knew it be so close to our house?! I decided to quickly get the girls ready (Matt was working that Saturday) and walk the few blocks to see the parade.
It was mostly High School Bands and politicians. But Lily loved them all.
She really got into waving to everyone and loved when they waved back to her.
She also loved all the free little handouts and coupons.
This little one didn’t quite know what to think of it.
Later that afternoon, when Matt got off work, we rode our bikes the few blocks to the fair. I LOVE living so close to the fair grounds.
Checking out the 4H Building
An amazing sand sculpture made to look like the movie “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.” The weekend before, one of our neighbors invited us over for a little party and we got to meet the artists. There are some truly talented people in this world!
Lily LOVING the blow-up toys. She went through this obstacle course more times than I can remember.
Checking out the wildlife. Get a load of that mane on that chicken!
Matt immediately wanted to get chickens, and bunnies. When we got home he started researching chicken coops. Oh dear.
Emma was so good and slept in the Bjorn.
Paying WAY too much to have her ride these ridiculously short rides (like the same amount we would have spent to ride the adult rides! Does that seem right?). But she absolutely loved them and wanted to go more.
The Fair food. Gotta love that you can fulfill your sugar and salt intake for the day in a single serving!
Roaming around. The art galleries.
Making some art of her own
That is the cutest little race car driver I’ve ever seen!
Playing in the corn
Sweet little chicks
Waiting for the little train to come. Now Matt wants a train too :)
There was a little exotic animal park with parrots, a tiger, and lemurs you could pet.
Fun times. Especially riding home on our bikes in the dark. Good thing we have lots of flashing lights on our bikes.


No comments:
Post a Comment