We keep telling her she can’t get any bigger. That she has to stay our little baby forever. Unfortunately she’s not the greatest listener and keeps getting bigger anyway.
Lily loves to help me with the dishes. I can’t seem to keep her from climbing up whenever I have the door open.
About a month ago we got rid of the binky! At first, we just put her in her bed without it and she screamed for over an hour. Then I heard that it might help her transition if I gave her a cut binky so she could see that it wasn’t the same and that I wasn’t just holding out on her. But it didn’t seem to work, she still screamed and screamed until she fell asleep.
It’s been a long road to get to a point where she doesn’t cry for at least half an hour. There’ve been many times where I wondered if it was really worth it, it wasn’t really hurting her to have it. But we didn’t want to give in, so we stuck it out and are happy to say she has gone to sleep with no crying for the past three nights and we’re loving it. We make sure that she has her blanket and snuggly toys (right now she wants to sleep with her baby and monkey), we sing songs, read a book, and wave goodbye for the night. Hopefully this new phase will last, I really don’t want to go back to the screaming! I caught her last week trying to suck on her doll’s binky so I thought I would do a little test. I gave her one of her binkies (I know, risky!) She put it in her mouth, chewed on it, and then gave it to her baby. That’s my girl!
She’s also discovered that feeding herself is way cooler than mom feeding her. When she has her mind set on feeding herself, it’s nearly impossible to convince her otherwise.
Doesn’t she look so big in her booster seat!? We are borrowing it from Matt’s brother and Lily couldn’t be prouder of herself sitting in her big chair!


No comments:
Post a Comment