Monday, September 01, 2008

The XBox is Sick :(


Surgery was necessary this evening. Our XBox froze twice while we were watching a movie, and once while Matt was playing a game. Matt decided that since we have had it for over 3 years (that's how long the warranty is) he would perform a little surgery to see why it's doing this. We discovered 3 years' worth of dirt built up on the fans and heat sync. We are happy to say the dirt has been cleaned off and we hope for a speedy recovery - Matt especially hopes, since I told him we don't have any money to get him a new one.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Oh I hope everything went ok. :) We'll be praying for you guys. :)

Haley and Cameron Roberts said...

AHHH! That's like losing a child for Matt. I hope everything get's better soon.

Jessica said...

You guys are brave for working on it yourselves! When Dan's broke we sent it in to Microsoft, our warranty was expired too but for $99 they fixed it and gave us another 1 year warranty. So if your "surgery" was unsuccessful you should think about it. :)

Jamie said...

Wow, my husband would be upset if his broke too. Although I would be sad as well because I enjoy rock band way too much.

Olsens said...

Hey great blog guys! Looks like you guys are always doing something fun. We should let Kara know about our shooting party I know she would love to come.

Nifty Nick said...

That's the saddest thing I've ever seen. Get well soon, brave X-box.