Monday, August 04, 2008

Road Trip - Boston

Goodness, it's about time I finish up all these road trip posts...After our awesome whale watching trip, we drove down to Boston. When we got to Boston we noticed something a little strange. Look at the picture and see if you notice it.

There were people driving, at freeway speeds, down the emergency lane! I've never seen this before. I wonder if Boston is the only city that does this.




We got to Boston around dinner time so we got to our hotel (which was only $60 on Priceline-love that!) and then found the nearest Panera Bread to look up some good sights to see, and to find directions to a camera store I was hoping to go to :)The next morning Jason discovered that our room had a ledge by the window, so he had his breakfast drink up there. We drove down to the docks and some warehouses where the camera store was supposed to be. And we splurged and bought my camera bag! I'm still have a little buyer's remorse for getting it, but I'm really glad I did. I love it!




We decided that Boston was the city with the most interesting, and modern architecture. We were amazed by the shapes of some of these buildings. There were also lots of cool buildings that you know have been around for a LONG time.




We went to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market for some snacks and souvenier shopping, of course.












We also did the Freedom Trail which included Faneuil Hall, Old State House, Boston Massacre site, King's Chapel and Burying Ground, State House, and the Boston Common (along with some other sites that we didn't see).











Candice and I dipped our toes in the frog pond while the guys (with their shoes and socks) sat on the grass and watched.



We took a ride on a Swan Boat ran by a paddler. It was a short ride in the canal and well worth the price tag of $2.75.






























We had lunch at the original Cheers. And, yes they knew our names! OK not really, but that would have been cool.













After lunch, we got in the car and drove about 10 hours through Connecticut, New York (at rush hour-that was fun), New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and finally back to Richmond.

2 comments:

The Fifes said...

what a cool city. That is a good picture of you, Cami! Love the different buildings and your new camera bag!!!

Haley and Cameron Roberts said...

I LOVE that bag! it's so hip! Boston looks like so much fun...I had no idea Cheers was real