Thank you to all those who wished us a happy anniversary! Yes, it has been 5 years since we got married and we're still loving it. We celebrated this year in DC, one of our favorite places. The
Saturday before our anniversary we drove up to DC to check out some exhibits that we hadn't before. Our first stop was the travelling exhibit on Jim Henson. It was really cool - we saw Bert and Ernie and others from Sesame Street, Kermit the Frog, props and costumes from The Dark Crystal, and stuff from some films we'd never heard of before. He was such a great guy. It's sad he died so early in his life. We had fun reminiscing our childhood and watching all these great shows
and characters. (they didn't allow any photography so that's why I don't have any pictures)

We then wandered around to a few different art museums to find some interesting art Matt had read about in the Weird Virginia book. One of these weird things was a collections of sculptures made entirely of scraps of paper, wood, aluminum foil, and other materials. It's called "The Throne of the Thir Heaven" built by James Hampton. The picture really doesn't do it justice. That thing was HUGE.
Another thing we read about was a statue that was named "Black Aggie." It was originally placed over a gravesite but apparently there were all sorts of creepy things
that happened whenever people went to see it. So it was later moved to the museum.
that happened whenever people went to see it. So it was later moved to the museum.There was one more thing that we tried to find - a miniature replica of a navy fleet- but we think they must have moved it somewhere.
It was fun to see some parts of DC that we haven't been to before. The art museum was not in the Smithsonian Mall so it took us a while to find it.
After we saw all the art we wanted to we went to IKEA for dinner. We just can't get enough of their meatballs. 
On our actual anniversary we went to my favorite sandwich place - Quizno's. Then we just relaxed at home and watched "Now I Pronounce You Chuck and Larry." Let me just tell you...not worth the time. We both agreed that we could do away with ever watching it again. It was funny at times, but only because I like the two main actors.



4 comments:
I love D.C.! i am glad you guys had such an awesome time! happy 5 years!
That Jim Hensen exhibit sounded way cool. I'm so happy you've lasted 5 years. :) Also congrats on the new job!
I really need to get up to D.C., now that we live on the East Coast I am not that far away, but have yet to make it. It looks like you had a ton of fun.
Congrats! I love to look at your awesome pictures, you are so talented! By the way I was just using the lens my camera came with (18-55mm) in that picture you asked me about.
Post a Comment