Monday, August 06, 2007

Boating at Pineview


On July 7th, Curtis and Brittany invited us to come to Pineview Reservior and use Brittany's family boat. Matt had to study--his dreaded test was coming up in two days :( So I went with my family so I wouldn't be a distraction. Mom, Justin, and I got to the lake and Sharlie and her three youngest were already on the beach ready to go. The conditions were perfect for tubing, a bit choppy from all the boats and wave runners. So we all took our turns getting whipped around on the tubes by Curt and Brittany who took turns driving the boat. We all agreed that Brittany was harder on the tubers than Curt. Who would have thought!


We went back to the campground and ate our lunch. Jason returned from taking Alex home (he had to go to work). And we set out on the boat once more. This time to do some water skiing and wakeboarding. Jason stayed with Jake so he could nap, and the girls played on the beach.


Mom was first to ski. She was so close to making it up out of the water, but got so tired in the process. Better luck next time Mom! Next was Sharlie. It looked like she was going to have the same problem as Mom, but then she got up. Yahoo!
I went next on the wakeboard. Curtis had given me a few pointers before heading into the water. After a few tries, I got up and fell within a few seconds. The water was rough. But I was able to get up a few more times and had a blast! Last was Justin on the wakeboard. He was having a hard time getting the hang of it, but was so determined that after the seventh or eighth time he got up and had the biggest smile. Then he got cocky and tried to do a trick and fell on his face :) It was so much fun to be out in the
sun. It's been a while since this pasty white skin has seen some sun. Even Jake was more tan than me. sheesh.


No comments: