Wednesday, July 14, 2010

…pass the Mod Podge please…

I’ve been bit by the crafting bug! My first project was mod podging paper on some letters for Lily’s room. Too bad she doesn’t really have a room that they can go in yet, someday.July 08, 2010_3453e

I liked mod podge so much I decided to try something a little more difficult. I got the idea from a fellow blogger and actually found the same fabric she used from Hobby Lobby but chose to use this fabric instead. The shoes I got for $7 at Walmart. The mod podge and fabric made the shoes a little tighter so I added some felt to the heels. Hopefully they won’t hurt my feet. But at least I’ll look cute in them, right?!

July 07, 2010_3438e July 08, 2010_3457e

My next mod podge craft is a photo frame, but I haven’t decided if I’m going to use paper or fabric.

Also, I’m so excited that I have a working sewing machine again. My old Singer machine that my mother-in-law gave me bit the dust last December. Ever since then I’ve come across so many projects that I want to do but most of them require a sewing machine. So last week Matt convinced me to go ahead and get this machine. July 14, 2010_3460e

I’m so glad I did. I LOVE IT! This machine makes sewing so easy, no more turning the wheel to get the machine going. And I love all the stitches, so fun!

I have finally started the finishing touches on a project YEARS in the making. I think I started this quilt the summer before we left for Virginia and it has taken me this long to finally start piecing it together. I’m excited to be done so I can move onto another sewing project.July 14, 2010_3463e  July 14, 2010_3461e July 14, 2010_3462e

Do you have any ideas for some fun crafts? I’d love to hear about them.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute idea, LOVE the shoes

The Fifes said...

love seeing your crafts!

Ann said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! Remember finished is way better than perfect!

Jessica said...

Your shoes turned out so cute! Congrats on finishing your quilt too. A new sewing machine!!!! Hurray! Here's a tutorial for a cute little jumper I've been meaning to make. It would be perfect for Lily this summer!

http://racheldenbow.blogspot.com/2010/01/make-it-yourself-jumper-tutorial.html