Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls Week

My sister-in-law Jessica and I decided that we’d had enough of the guys and wanted to get away for awhile. No, not really. Matt had a training in Cali and Dan is busy studying for the bar so we decided to make the most of the week and head to Utah. I took Matt to the airport early Monday morning and then went straight to Daniel and Jessica’s where we packed up the van and started on our trek. We realized that the girls do so much better if we drive in the morning. They are pleasant and fun. Not like the cranky, tired girls we see in the afternoon and evening.

We made it to Utah in time for Lily and I to join my family for Family Home Evening at my brother’s house.  My sister Sharlie and her girls made a “human rubber band” for their girls camp and wanted to test it out. I didn’t have my camera with me so I didn’t get any pictures but here’s a video to give you an idea of how it works. It was super fun and crazy. That things whips you around and gets your heart racing. Then we took time to talk about families and how important they are and why every person in a family is important. I’m so grateful for my family and the fun times we have together.

Tuesday Grandma Nina took all the Chapman girls to the Living Planet Aquarium. She gave them all matching outfits so we wouldn’t lose them in the crowds. They looked so cute in their skirts she made for them. Lily is so lucky to have such a talented Grandma!June 22, 2010_2567e June 22, 2010_2572e June 22, 2010_2553e

The older girls were inseparable the entire time!June 22, 2010_2555e June 22, 2010_2556e

No comments: