We successfully made the trek from Virginia to Colorado. After selling almost all our furniture and dejunking much of our stuff we were able to fit our belongings in the 16 foot truck. The guys had to definitely use their Tetris skills to get it all in.
Lily and I flew to Denver a few days before Matt and stayed with Dan and Jessica. Thanks guys for letting us crash at your place. The day I flew, Matt drove 6 hours round trip to Baltimore to pick up Jason from a conference. He was nice enough to skip his nice short flight for 27 hours of driving to Denver. Thanks again Jason!
As soon they arrived we unpacked everything into our small apartment. We didn’t realize how much space we had at our apartment in Virginia. We are grateful to the family that drove from Utah and family already in Denver that helped us unpack some of our things. Once we got most of the boxes unpacked in the living room, it helped us feel not so claustrophobic. For a while there, we were sure we wouldn’t last a month in this place. But I think we’re starting to feel like we can live here a little longer.
While we were getting things arranged in the living room, Matt decided that he didn’t like one of our paintings anymore. We went to Michael’s where he stocked up on various painting supplies and repainted over the canvas. I think it’s amazing how quickly he came up with the idea and painted it. And now we have a beautiful new painting on our wall.
Matt has started at his job and likes it alright. He’ll be much happier when he is a licensed dentist and not an overqualified assistant. But at least he’ll be getting a paycheck while he waits for his license to be approved.
(He didn’t want me to take this picture but I had to document his first day of work in over 4 years!)
And Lily and I are getting used to our new surroundings. We went to a playgroup at the park last week and plan on going back often just so we can get out and be with other people. We go on afternoon walks and love to look at the beautiful houses just down the street from our apartment. And we’re trying to get used to the dry air. Lotion these days is a must!
Here’s a few more pictures of our apartment. We got these chairs and throw pillows at World Market.
We found a fun place for our magnetic toys. They’re already a hit with the nieces.


3 comments:
that painting is AWESOME!!
YOu guys have such a talent for decorating! I couldn't EVER execute such a masterful painting, especially in such a short period of time! Great job. Want to come pick out some new couches for me? Oh and a custom painting would be nice. :) j/k
YAY!!! I am SO excited you posted- I have been checking yoru blog everyday- I know stalker.
I love the painting and i am amazed at how qucikly you were able to get the apartment looking like a home. We miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment