Friday, March 05, 2010

the story

This is for those that want to know the labor and birth story.

We went to the hospital at 6am Friday morning for our scheduled induction. The doctor broke my water at 7:30am and told me that I had to stay in the bed, due to my blood pressure, which I was really bummed about. I was dilated to 2 cm and 70% effaced when they broke my water. After 30 minutes they started me on a low dose of pitocin to see if that was enough to get my body to contract regularly. Around 10am I was in active labor. I continued to breathe through all the contractions as they got more and more intense. I was able to stay calm and keep my body very relaxed. Feb262010_0012

Even though I was having painful contractions when the nurse came in to check my vitals she thought I was sleeping. Matt helped by fanning me with a large clasp envelope and feeding me ice chips. My mom was there to massage my legs and back, which felt heavenly. My blood pressure went down each time the nurse checked it and I was eventually able to sit in the rocking chair which was so nice. Around noon the doctor came back and said I was already dilated to 7 cm and almost 100% effaced. At around 1:15 the nurse called the doctor to come back. I spent the next hour and twenty minutes or so pushing hard with each contraction. After an episiotomy and a few more pushes she came out. At 2:40 pm Lily Grace was born. Feb262010_0019

They immediately placed her on my chest as they rubbed her off. We were surprised at how much hair she had. Matt cut the umbilical cord. I was happy and surprised that he did since he had said multiple times that he wasn’t going to and that he wanted to be in the waiting room during the delivery.

 Feb262010_0040_crop

But he was such a great support throughout the whole process.Feb262010_0052

I was so glad that my Mom could be here too. It was comforting to have her in the room and knowing she could help me through the hard times.

 Feb262010_0044_1  Feb272010_0103_1

The Going-Home Outfit

Feb282010_0088 

Feb282010_0095

Sweet little Lily, we’ve waited a long time to have you in our family. And now that you’re here it’s hard to imagine our home any different.

We LOVE you tons Little One.

4 comments:

Christen said...

I'm so happy you got the labor experience you were hoping for. GREAT job!! Lily is so beautiful - glad I got to see her today!

The Fifes said...

We are so excited baby Lily is here - and you did such a great job Cami!!

Jessica said...

I amazed by you! You are so tough. And we love Lily too!!

Ann said...

Thats my tuff girl! When I grow up I want to be brave like Cami! :)