The next few posts will most likely be long and I understand if some of you decide not to read them, I don't blame you. And I totally understand if you just skim through the pictures. But I'm still going to do them just for my own journaling purposes.


And we had to get a picture of us with the World's largest candy - don't worry we didn't actually eat any.



The first stop on our road trip was Hershey, Pennsylvania. The town that loves chocolate so much that the street lamps are in the shape of Hershey's Kisses. We went on the chocolate tour ride in Chocolate World and learned all about the making of chocolate from three singing dairy cows. It was pretty fun, we were singing the songs the rest of the afternoon. We had lunch in the cafe where I had some yummy chocolate milk and chicken 
fingers with their special chocolate BBQ sauce. It was pretty good- it just tasted really sweet.

fingers with their special chocolate BBQ sauce. It was pretty good- it just tasted really sweet.And we had to get a picture of us with the World's largest candy - don't worry we didn't actually eat any.

We drove to Scranton that night and ate at Alfredo's Pizza (NOT Pizza by Alfredo).
Although I wonder if Pizza by Alfredo would have been better. We were not impressed by their pizza - and I think we know pizza pretty well judging by how many times a week Matt requests pizza. It had a weird cheezy sauce that coated the roof of our mouths. But I do have to say the breadsticks were yummy.
Although I wonder if Pizza by Alfredo would have been better. We were not impressed by their pizza - and I think we know pizza pretty well judging by how many times a week Matt requests pizza. It had a weird cheezy sauce that coated the roof of our mouths. But I do have to say the breadsticks were yummy. We then tried to find o
ther places that were mentioned on the show The Office, but we were having a hard time finding them.
We stopped at a few places to find some Scranton souveniers. We realized Scranton is not exactly noticed as a tourist city. The guys managed to find some hats that were decent. We drove by some familiar looking buildings and stopped at the Steamtown Mall where they had paintings of all the characters. We finally gave up the search and checked into our hotel where Matt picked up a magazine that had a guide to seeing all
the Office sites. If only we would have checked in first, we wouldn't have been driving in circles for
the last 2 hours :) The next morning we drove by the Penn Paper warehouse and stopped at the Steamtown Mall again to get pictures by the "Welcome to Scranton" sign. The city moved it to the mall to keep people safe since it used to be just off the road as you come off the freeway. Our last stop was to the University of Scranton for one last chance to get a decent magnet that said Scranton (which was a success!).
ther places that were mentioned on the show The Office, but we were having a hard time finding them.
We stopped at a few places to find some Scranton souveniers. We realized Scranton is not exactly noticed as a tourist city. The guys managed to find some hats that were decent. We drove by some familiar looking buildings and stopped at the Steamtown Mall where they had paintings of all the characters. We finally gave up the search and checked into our hotel where Matt picked up a magazine that had a guide to seeing all
the Office sites. If only we would have checked in first, we wouldn't have been driving in circles for
the last 2 hours :) The next morning we drove by the Penn Paper warehouse and stopped at the Steamtown Mall again to get pictures by the "Welcome to Scranton" sign. The city moved it to the mall to keep people safe since it used to be just off the road as you come off the freeway. Our last stop was to the University of Scranton for one last chance to get a decent magnet that said Scranton (which was a success!).


3 comments:
Singing dairy cows...wow, we missed out! :) I would have gotten some good laughs from that!
Too bad Scratonicity didn't have concert that night.
So much Chocolate so little time!
Post a Comment