Saturday, April 19, 2008

Photography Class

So I just started my photography class at the Visual Arts Center. There are only 8 people in the class so there is a lot of one-on-one question and answer time. My teacher seems really cool and she has a lot of experience. The first class she just reviewed what most of us should know from the beginner class (which I didn't take). I hope that I'll be able to keep up even though I didn't take it. She also told us about some famous photographers and showed us their work - very inspiring. I'm hoping this class will give me more experience and confidence in my own picture taking. This week she told us to capture the vernacular - the everyday. So I've been taking tons of pictures of our apartment and complex. Here is one of a tree by our leasing office.






**Note** I have sent back the 50mm lens so this is with my 18-55mm lens. I have also ordered the 30mm lens! So hopefully it will get here soon :)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful picture! You're going to love taking the class, at least I really did. Good for you, I'm glad you're doing it.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you learn - but you know - your stink points are racking up! 2pts - photography class, 1pt - sending back the 50mm, and 3pts - buying the 30mm lens!

The Hulls said...

That picture is beautiful! Thats awesome your taking a photography class! Someday I would love to!

The Fifes said...

This is so cool for you, Cami!! Cannot wait to see all of the pictures you are able to capture through taking this class.

The Buckwalter Four said...

Hey Cami! Love you blog! Come check out mine!

The Buckwalter Four said...

And I love that you are so into photography. Maybe I need to have you come over and practice on Carson & Kamryn! =)

Falen said...

Hey I love your blog. Where do you get your cute templates??

The Sherman's said...

Cami you are so talented! That's awesome you are taking a class. I hope it's going well. I love the song, Lifehouse is one of my faves.