Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Lily on the Potty

At the beginning of December we ventured into Potty Training Territory. I was prepared (or so I thought) with a potty seat, lots of cute underwear, and a sticker chart.

December 05, 2012_14429December 05, 2012_14431

Lily was excited about the whole thing and loved putting stickers on her chart. She spent three days with no pants on and tried to catch on but it was a bit slow going. We started by using a timer every 20 minutes (but realized that was not going to work for her) and lots of praise when she did make it to the potty. I was getting very frustrated after the 2nd day when she had not made it successfully on the potty all day. She was having an accident every 10 minutes (or that’s what it felt like) and I had cleaned the carpet too many times to count.

I called Matt at work and told him my woes. That’s when he came home with two bags full of prizes from the dollar store. Every time she made it to the potty she got to pick a prize from the basket.

December 07, 2012_14446

December 07, 2012_14448

That basket worked wonders! She found enough motivation to make it to the potty.December 07, 2012_14450   

We are so proud of our big girl in her big girl underwear!

No comments: