Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Baby 2 Update

33 weeks:

November 11, 2011_23

I haven’t been as good about documenting this pregnancy. It seems to be flying by! I’m 36 weeks now and definitely feeling the weight of this baby. I have to consciously think about how I walk so I don’t waddle – one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy. I can feel her move all the time and notice that her movements have slowed down now that she’s running out of room. We haven’t nailed down a name yet, got a few we’re thinking about but nothing set. I get heartburn more than I did with Lily which hasn’t been very fun.

Finding a doctor has been harder than I thought. I was hoping to continue with a midwife but there doesn’t seem to be very many here unless I want to go to the community health center. We went to the dr last week to meet the dr that might deliver our baby – you never really know who will be there. But this dr said she does deliver most of her patient’s babies so we’ll see. Baby girl is healthy and we got to see her briefly in an ultrasound. We also found out that she is a little confused and is still in the “head up” breech position. This was not the news I was hoping to get.

So now we are waiting to see if she will turn on her own before my next weekly appointment. I am REALLY hoping that she does because if she doesn’t then we’ll have to go to the hospital and the dr will try to move her manually. Come on little one! You can do it!

35 weeks:

November 28, 2011_16

I’m starting to get the “nesting” instinct and wanted to get our apartment ready for our new little one. It seems to be hitting me later along in the pregnancy than it did the first time around. I think I’m in denial that we still have lots of time before she gets here.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I think this time you've been just a touch busy than your last pregnancy. :) I'm prayin this girl is a gymnast! Maybe you should try standing on your head. :)

The Fifes said...

I definitely hear you on the second pregnancy flying by too fast. So glad you are near the end, we are excited for her arrival!