Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet Baby Boy

Little Baby Jacob (our newest nephew) came at the end of last month. And I was lucky enough to take care of the girls while their mom and dad were busy at the hospital. Lily and I got dropped off by Matt Sunday night so that Dan and Jessica could get better sleep instead of worrying about whether we’d get to their house on time for them to leave Monday morning.

After they left we got right down to business doing girly things. Like putting sponge curlers in their hair. It didn’t really work  for Lily or Tessa but they still had fun posing for some pictures.

July 25, 2011_6357July 25, 2011_6361July 25, 2011_6364

We went on walks and played at the playground.

July 25, 2011_6373July 25, 2011_6377

Finding pretty rocks

July 25, 2011_6380

Sophie rode her bike the whole time while we went on walks. She is getting so good! We only had one little spill when her training wheel fell off the sidewalk and she fell over

July 25, 2011_6385

After dinner we got to meet this sweet little guy. The girls were SO excited to go see him. All day Sophie kept asking me when she could see her baby brother.

July 25, 2011_6387

Lily and Tessa mostly liked running around the hospital room and climbing on the window.

July 25, 2011_6390July 25, 2011_6391

The Happy Family of 5

July 25, 2011_6395

We decided it would work best if I stayed with the girls another night. So we got to go on more walks and played at the playground again. I learned I can handle three kids but it was definitely a challenge going from one to three with two of them being older than the one I already had. It’s a good thing they play together so well. That made it much easier.July 26, 2011_6398July 26, 2011_6404July 26, 2011_6408July 26, 2011_6419July 26, 2011_6421

Congrats family! I’m so glad I was able to help you guys out. Little Jacob sure is cute!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You really were heaven sent! I hope you let me return the favor when your new little one comes. My girls sure love you guys!