Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Growing and Growing

Lots of things are growing around here, especially our little munchkin.

She’s finally mastered the straw! We’ve been working on this one for a while now – getting tired of pulling the straw out with our finger on top, inevitably making a mess every time. She’s still getting the hang of it and gets frustrated if it doesn’t come quickly. Milkshakes have become a favorite!

July 09, 2011_6103

Lily’s hair is long enough for one ponytail (sort of). It falls out pretty easily so it’s not my hair style of choice yet.

July 14, 2011_6115

Mommy’s little cooking buddy. Lily loves to be in the kitchen with me while I’m cooking, often right under me, hugging my legs, begging to have a taste of whatever I’m working on.  Her hair has also been growing a lot and has gotten to the point where I need to decide whether to cut her bangs again or let them grow out. I’m terrible at decisions! What should I do?

July 10, 2011_6110July 21, 2011_6306

Our garden has also been growing, despite the lack of sunshine. We picked our first (of MANY) tomatoes last week. Everyday we pick a few more. We’ve also got some pretty good sized onions. I think it’s time I learn how to make salsa!

July 28, 2011_6318

Our lettuce was getting really overgrown so I decided to cut it all back. I washed it, dried it, and separated it into bags and put it in the fridge. I was so proud of myself. Unfortunately it all froze when we realized I had been moving the dial in the fridge the wrong way and freezing everything! We’re both convinced that Lily inherited my brain and left me with one that only works part-time. Hopefully this next baby doesn’t take whatever is left or we’re really in trouble!

July 21, 2011_6299July 21, 2011_6301July 14, 2011_6126

Watching some Blues Clues, definitely her favorite show! She still LOVES her blanket and “super snuggles” it every chance she gets. She’s also quite attached to her baby and monkey. Those three things are a must for bedtime.

July 23, 2011_6315

And finally, my belly has been steadily growing. I’m now 18 weeks and feeling a lot bigger than I did with Lily at this time. First trimester was a breeze but I’m glad I’ve got some energy back now. I started feeling little movements about 2 weeks ago and now feel our little one periodically throughout the day. We’ll find out in a few weeks whether we’re having a boy or girl. So excited to start planning for our growing family!

July 28, 2011_6514

4 comments:

Hksedwick said...

congrats!!! It is exciting to see how big Lily is!

Brittany said...

Lily is so darling! Definitely cut the bangs. Little girls are so cute with bangs! :)

I don't know if I ever told you congrats on the expanding family. We're excited for you guys!

Mindy said...

Your belly looks so cute!Can't wait to find out. Lily looks adorable with bangs.

Jessica said...

So many cute pictures! I vote for bangs, her hair is nice and straight, perfect for bangs.