Friday, August 12, 2011

Backyard Beauties

Lily LOVES getting out her backyard pool. Whenever she wants to go swimming she comes to me and signs “fish” and points to where we keep it. I’m continually amazed at how well she can communicate with us. I’m so happy we taught her sign language!

July 18, 2011_6227

 

July 18, 2011_6220

She decided the flowers looked a little thirsty.

July 18, 2011_6236July 18, 2011_6237July 18, 2011_6240

Then she started pouring buckets of water on her head. It was so funny. The first time she did it she wiped her hands down her face multiple times with her eyes closed.

July 18, 2011_6248July 18, 2011_6252

That’s my silly girl!

July 18, 2011_6258July 18, 2011_6263

One night we noticed these huge beetles flying around and caught one that landed on our car. Lily loved staring at it. A few days later I let it go and it was still alive enough to hiss at us and crawl toward us. Lily didn’t like it so much after that.

July 19, 2011_6273July 19, 2011_6268July 19, 2011_6276

2 comments:

Ann said...

Sign language is the best! I just babysat a little one year old (that doesn't know sign language) and I was so frustrated! I'd never dealt with a kid that age that didn't know sign. So glad my girls knew it young. Saved me a ton of frustration! :)

Jessica said...

Lily is so much fun, I love her bucket hat! I had a beetle just like that hiss at me on your front porch the other day, I didn't like it much either!