Monday, March 07, 2011

365 days

I can’t believe my baby girl has been with us a whole year. I can’t imagine life without her sweet smile and sparkling blue eyes.

Feb272010_0103eMarch 05, 2010_399e

lily-birthday2

Lily’s birthday was wonderful. In the morning we went to the café by our house and enjoyed a delicious breakfast.February 26, 2011_4161

Not sure what she was upset about…

February 26, 2011_4157

Probably my favorite family picture so far.

February 26, 2011_4174

Once we got back to the house Birthday girl went down for a nap and we made the final arrangements for Lily’s party. I was ambitious and decorated Lily’s cake myself. I don’t think it turned out too bad.

February 26, 2011_4215February 26, 2011_4181February 26, 2011_4175

Putting the finishing touches on the cupcake stand. The closest plug was right under the table.

February 26, 2011_4187February 26, 2011_4194

My Cricut sure came in handy making the edges on the cupcake stand and all the cupcake wrappers and toppers. Love my Cricut!

February 26, 2011_4198February 26, 2011_4231February 26, 2011_4233February 26, 2011_4234February 26, 2011_4230

Tissue paper pom poms and streamers finished off the decorations.

February 26, 2011_4200

The guys tried to get in one last game before the guests arrived.

February 26, 2011_4178February 26, 2011_4212

We woke birthday girl up early and got her ready for her party. I made her outfit and hair accessories – pretty proud.

February 26, 2011_4218February 26, 2011_4220

We’re ready!!

February 26, 2011_4232

Bring on the cupcakes! We had unfrosted cupcakes for the kids to frost and put their favorite toppings on – the choices were skittles, crushed oreos, reese’s pieces, crushed heath bars, sixlets, and m&m’s (I think).

February 26, 2011_4223

We were so glad to see some of our ward friends at the party too. Wish I wouldn’t gotten more pictures once everyone arrived. But just for my own memory, here’s the list of all the party guests – Grandma and Grandpa Burk, Mindy and Saley, Uncle Bud (Justin), Dan, Jessica, and girls, Stamps’ girls, Rosa’s Family, and the Thomas Family. Thanks to everyone who came!

February 26, 2011_4227February 26, 2011_4228

Tessa liked eating the frosting more than putting it on her cupcake. Sophie frosted one too but she was all about getting it done quick so she could eat it. I wasn’t quick enough with the camera to catch her before she was off doing something else.February 26, 2011_4235

Mmmm… Yummy cupcake…

February 26, 2011_4240

Opening Presents

 February 26, 2011_4248February 26, 2011_4250February 26, 2011_4255February 26, 2011_4259

I was obviously more excited about the money than she was :) Lily was spoiled with lots of new toys and clothes.

Time to Dive into that Cake!!

She was very dainty about it at first, not wanting to get more than her fingertips in the frosting. She even wanted to share with anyone around her. But once I broke in and gave her a piece she wasn’t so dainty anymore.

February 26, 2011_4271

February 26, 2011_4266February 26, 2011_4267February 26, 2011_4268February 26, 2011_4273

You wanna try some?

February 26, 2011_4279

Do you see those two little feet on the left side of the next picture? That would be Tessa. Lily is going through a jealousy streak and doesn’t really like any other child that is close to her own age being near me. And of course I happen to be one of Tessa’s favorite people :) So she had to shed a few tears until Tessa found somewhere else to sit. Little stinker! Hope this phase doesn’t last much longer…

February 26, 2011_4270

We forgot to put the candles on the cake and sing to the Birthday girl. So we did it a few minutes after she’d already dug in.

February 26, 2011_4280

We thought maybe she would eat more if she had a spoon. We were right!February 26, 2011_4287

Then she ditched the spoon and really got down to business!February 26, 2011_4293

What a mess!

February 26, 2011_4300February 26, 2011_4310

 

Happy Birthday Baby Girl! We love you to pieces!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Happy late Birthday Miss Lil! You're getting so big!

Haley and Cameron Roberts said...

AHHHH! I LOVE it. I love the picture of her crying into the cake. So funny. we miss you guys. I cannot believe Lily is a year old!

Ashley said...

So fun that she is one! She is getting so big, what a cutie. I can't believe our girls are so big!