My Grandpa Going passed away last night around 5pm. Sometimes it's hard to see one of your loved ones be taken from this existence but I know this is better for him. He's not in pain anymore, and now he has finally been reunited with my Grandma who passed away many years ago from cancer.
We've been able to reflect on the value of life quite a bit in the last month with the deaths of both of our grandparents. Here are some things that I will always remember about my Grandpa:
* His love of gardening. No matter where he was living, he was always growing something. Even if that meant growing tomatoes from a bucket on the cement outside his condo
*His amazing garden at the house we lived in while I was young. We had so many different fruits and vegetables.
*The time he got mad at me and my cousins for playing hide-and-go-seek in the corn stalks. oops.
*The jumpsuits - need I say more.
* Hearing stories of his life in New Zealand, hoping someday I'll be able to see some of those places.
*Racing on his Jazzy. I've never seen someone drive out of the house so quickly to get the mail.
*His love of building things and his many saws and hand tools
I'm so grateful for the time we had to live so close to my Grandpa and learn from his great example of hard work.
This picture was taken last Christmas. I'm sitting next to the sweetest step-Grandma a girl could ever have.


1 comment:
Your grandpa sounds like a great man. Sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment