Cameron and Haley came over to hang out a couple weeks ago (May 9th). We were going to go camping but it had been raining so much that we didn't want to drive 2 hours and deal with a soggy tent. We decided that we would go to Washington DC the next day but Cameron and Haley didn't want to go all the way home so they slept over at our apartment. That night we went to Rugged Outerwear.
This place has stuff for
really cheap-clothes, shoes, accessories. Haley found some Sketchers for $5, and the guys got some fabulous plaid shorts.We had a yummy breakfast of pancakes and eggs and then set out on the 2 hour drive. The took the metro the rest of the way into Downtown. Our first stop
was the National Garden and Greenhouse. There were SO many beautiful flowers and plants to take pictures of. I filled up my 2G card just
with pictures of the flowers.We went to the Library of Congress. I don't think I've been in a building with more artwork and architecture. It was stunning. And we got to take a peek at the rare book section, from behind a wall of glass.

Then we went to the American Indian Museum for lunch. It was really cool. They had food choices separated by region-Northern Woodlands, South America, the Northwest Coast, Meso America, and the Great Plains. We went with the Great Plains region and had an Indian taco. Delicious.
Our last stop was the Natural History Museum with dinosaur skeletons, stuffed animals, and of course the Hope diamond and other precious stones.Every time we go to DC we discover more and more things that we still have to see and do. Hopefully we'll be able to see everything before we leave the east coast.
More pictures of our trip.


3 comments:
The picture of Matt and Cameron makes me giggle, they just crack me up. I love you pic's cam, they are stunning. Elise still talks about you guys, we miss you a ton.
Those plaid shorts ARE fabulous, I love good deals it makes me love the stuff ever so much more. That's so great you have such a great place like DC so close where you can go hang out, sounds like there is a lot to see! Those are some cool flowers, good work.
This was such a FUN trip! Thank you for spending the day with us and thank you so much for posting smug mug! I can't believe we forgot our camra(not that it matters..we would still want your pics because you are such an awesome photographer!!)I really love the one of the four of us...even if Matt's big head is blocking the capital....
Post a Comment