Monday, October 01, 2012

September

The Kids Parade

September 01, 2012_12023

It was quite hot, and I didn’t get us there early enough to get a spot in the shade.

September 01, 2012_12036

But at least there were some fun things to see in the parade!

September 01, 2012_12040

And some things were just creepy. I have no other words.

September 01, 2012_12044

And some things were just plain adorable.

September 01, 2012_12060September 01, 2012_12084

This huge firefighter dog had a big impression on Lily. When asked about the parade, this is all she talked about.

September 01, 2012_12109

The girls room

We got the fun floral rug from American Furniture Warehouse. The blue dresser we bought from a garage sale a few doors down from us. It was a cream color but I wanted something a little different. Matt did an awesome job reshaping the curve on the bottom with wood filler (a dog must have had a heck of a time chewing on it) and he added a new track to each of the drawers. That little white rocking chair by the window I found at Goodwill for $5. I couldn’t pass it up!

September 05, 2012_11503

The girls enjoying their room.

September 05, 2012_11483September 05, 2012_11484

There are still a lot of ideas swimming in my head on how to finish up their room, but at least it’s a start.

September 05, 2012_11486

Lily really wanted me to take a picture of her sheep. Sure thing, Sweetheart!

September 05, 2012_11490September 05, 2012_11493

The girls helping make some cookies.

September 05, 2012_11524September 05, 2012_11528

And, of course, devouring as many as possible before Mom intervenes.

September 05, 2012_11547

This little one knows how to melt my heart with her little two-teeth-smile

September 13, 2012_11601September 13, 2012_11607

At the garage sale down the street (we bought a lot of stuff from them-they love us) Matt bought these candy machines. People are amazed at the volume of sugar in our home. Good thing there’s a dentist in the house!

September 13, 2012_11609September 13, 2012_11629

September 15, 2012_11648

Helping Daddy replace some sprinklers.

September 15, 2012_11651September 15, 2012_11654September 15, 2012_11657September 15, 2012_11668September 15, 2012_11700

We love our backyard.

September 19, 2012_11801September 19, 2012_11803September 19, 2012_11823

My parents are going to be serving as missionaries for our church! We “gathered” together as a family, everyone in Utah gathered at my Sister’s house and us through Google Chat (love modern technology!) They are super excited to be serving in Independence, Missouri for two years maintaining the church buildings and temples in the area. They are such good examples. LOVE THEM!

September 20, 2012_12113

The girls in front of our house

September 22, 2012_12127

This girl is growing too fast

September 22, 2012_12131September 22, 2012_12133September 22, 2012_12174

While I was reading Lily a book before naptime, I saw this cute little face pop out from her crib. It’s little moments like this that make motherhood so worthwhile.

September 22, 2012_12183

Some new paints for the little artist.

September 24, 2012_12231September 24, 2012_12239

2 comments:

Jessica said...

SOOOO many cute pictures Cami! Your girls are so sweet and your house is more gorgeous every time I come over.

The Fifes said...

Loving your blog posts. Such cute girlies and I love that blue dresser!