My preschoolers were excited and a little sad to see our Painted Lady Butterflies go. We have had so much fun watching them go through every stage of their life.
Some of our butterflies weren't too anxious to leave either. They needed lots of encouragement so the kids did a "butterfly dance" to motivate them to fly. It was so cute watching them jump up and down, flapping their arms, chanting, "Fly Butterflies!!"
One butterfly flew a few short distances and then stayed on the ground for about 15 minutes. We put the cut flowers around it so we could see where it was. The kids were loving being able to look at it so close. They kept bringing it more flowers (weeds) because they thought it needed a bigger flower home.
The kids huddled around the butterfly. Don't you love little boys' hair swirls :)
Waiting so patiently...


2 comments:
awwww...that is so cute! I am glad they got to do that. What a great idea.
I love little boy hair swirls! I like to touch them!
Post a Comment