Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pregnancy #3

Since I haven’t been good about documenting this pregnancy, I thought this questionnaire I found online would be good.


Finding out: Late period right after Christmas but waited to take a pregnancy test until
    we were home from vacationing with family in Utah. Found out Jan 1st, 2014.
    Told all the family in the middle of February 2014 when I was about 13 weeks.
    Told Burk family on Google+ with picture of the girls with the ultrasound pictures.
    Told Chapman family at Disneyland with homemade shirts for the girls - Lily's said
    Big Sis 2 (to the second power) and Emma's said Big Sis.
How far along now:  38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 38 pounds, hopefully that will be all. haven't gained more weight in
    last 2 weeks
Favorite Maternity clothes: love my maxi skirts and dresses, belly-fitting shirts, no tents here!
Stretch marks? too many to count. not sure if there are new ones or not. guess that's bound
    to happen with #3
Sleep: Sleep has been great up until about a week ago. Now I wake up at least once to pee
    or need to turn over. Belly is getting heavy. A pillow between my legs has been a
    must since about 30 weeks
Best moments:     - finding out that we'll have another little princess in our home
        - seeing Lily and Emma's reactions to the gender. Lily jumped up and down
        saying, "I knew it would be a sister!" And Emma was happy, but probably only
        because she saw how happy Lily was.
        - only 4 bad leg cramps so far (fingers crossed). With Lily, I remember having
        one almost every night.
        - very little heartburn, she may be bald as a cue ball but I'll take it!
        - watching Lily and Emma interact with my belly and start to understand that
        there is a little person in there. Lots of hugs and snuggles.
        -Lily often says "Hi baby!" and rubs my belly
        -Lily calls her their "belly sister"
Movement: Lots! This girl is active, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Felt first flutters
    at 16 weeks. Felt movements from outside around 22 weeks.
Food cravings: mostly fruits and anything sweet. Grapes are constantly stocked in the fridge.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope. Very lucky to not get sick
Labor Signs: starting to have more noticeable contractions with some cramping,
    but nothing regular yet
Belly Button in or out? out since 18 weeks :( Now it's mostly flat
Swelling? Wedding rings on or off? off since about 20 weeks, definitely have more swelling this pregnancy.
    I have more swelling in my left leg, where I also have large vericose veins and some spider veins.
    More swelling in my face earlier on than in my other pregnancies
Happy or Moody most of the time: moodiness comes and goes, but mostly happy
Milestones:  At 31 weeks she was breech so I worried a lot that she wouldn't move head down and be breech
    like Emma was. Did LOTS of reading about flipping breech babies and tried to figure out each
    night what position she was in. Did exercises to try to get her to flip. Probably drive Matt crazy
    with all my obsessing. At 36.5 weeks ultrasound confirmed that she was head down and fluid
    levels were good (about 13.5 cm of fluid).
Birth Plan: Hoping to have a successful VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean), been reading up on Hypnobirthing
    and hoping to have a natural delivery with no epidural.
Who will be at the birth: Matt and a good friend (Kirsta Jacobs) who has had 3 VBACs and has assisted at 4 other births. She offered to be a labor and birth coach and advocate for me . If she comes late, Mom will be here
Names: maybe Clara, Eliza, or Hannah with middle name: maybe Jane or Marie

My growing belly…

18wksApril 02, 2014_087820wksApril 14, 2014_111522wksMay 02, 2014_138026wksMay 30, 2014_270929wksJune 17, 2014_346233wksJuly 18, 2014_532836wksAugust 07, 2014_6014

No comments: