Thursday, October 02, 2008

We'll Miss You, Grandad!

Our beloved Grandad passed away this morning. These are a few things we will miss about him

* lots of historical facts that started out as ... Do you know what happened on this day in the year ...?

* his love of the 10 o'clock news and the Utah Jazz

* hugs and kisses on the cheek whenever we parted

* being called "rough-neck"

* his smile

* Horsefeathers!

* hearing him honk from the car when Grandma has done too much chatting

* his cane always close-by
and many more things than we could ever type or put into words. It's hard to see him go, but we know he's in the right place now.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Cami I am sorry to hear of your lose. I personally have never lost a grandparent, but would really have a hard time if I did. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. He sounds like he was an amazing person.

Haley and Cameron Roberts said...

i am so sorry to hear about your loss. your in our prayers. losing aloved one is tough.

Allie said...

So Sorry... That is really sad.

Hey about Pumpkins, it is really easy to convert a photo. Do you have photoshop? Its a couple of steps, but pretty easy. What is your email and I will have matt email you the steps. Happy carving! Its addicting!

Hksedwick said...

Cami,I am sorry you lost your granddad, but I love that you celebrated his life by remembering things about him. We will be thinking of you during this time of adjustment.

Cory and Becca said...

Cami,
I hope you and your family are doing well after your loss of your loved one.
It was so good to see you last weekend! You looked so great!
Becca

The Fifes said...

Cami & Matt - not sure I ever had a chance to say I am so sorry for your loss but I am so glad you were able to spend a week with your families. Love you both!