
On Sunday, I made my first pot roast- complete with potatoes, carrots, and onions. Since coming to Richmond, I have had to learn a lot about cooking. Back in Utah, we ate mostly with family and I hadn't made a Sunday dinner for nearly 3 years.(The last time was on our honeymoon) But I have gotten better with my cooking and planning meals ahead of time. Even though going to the grocery store at 10 o'clock on Saturday night is cutting it close.
So I was a little scared and unsure how the roast would turn out since I had never made one before and I didn't really have a recipe to go from. I did a search online and found some recipes that sounded good. I picked one I liked and went to the cupboard only to find that I didn't have some of the ingredients. So, I did what Mom always did- I changed the recipe to use what I did have. I ended up using an onion soup mix, water, and A1 roasted garlic steak sauce for the sauce. It turned out really good and we have lots of left-overs. I guess the next thing to learn is how to cook for two people. So the week's dinner menu will include various meals involving pot roast, potatoes, and carrots.
P.S. Although I would love to claim this roast, I did not make the roast in this picture.


1 comment:
Good for you Cam...yours probably looked better. And tasted better too. Keep on cookin luv tons MOM
Post a Comment