I've made it through three weeks of teaching. The class is continually getting better each day. They are understanding the routine and the rules more and more. My attitude has changed quite a bit from the first week. In my mind, I think I was expecting the kids to have the maturity of kindergarteners. I really didn't understand just how young they are and how much you have to teach them on how to work with other kids their own age. The other day we read a book I found at Barnes and Noble called Hands are not for Hitting. The next day we hardly saw any hitting or pushing. My assistant and I have decided to read this book everyday. I think that will be enough times for those kids that just don't get it.
The rest of the teachers are really nice and have helped me out a lot. There is no way I could keep all the paperwork straight without them.
We got two new kids this week. One is really good and picking up the routine quickly. The other one has no clue how to act in a classroom. It will take a little longer for him.
I've decided that I really don't like mondays all that much. You work so hard all week to get the kids on the right track and then they go home and do whatever they want for two or three days. They come back on monday and we have to re-train them. I'm really not looking forward to the day after their two week christmas break.
But, all in all, the class is going good. And I'm enjoying it, even though I still come home tired.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey Sis- You need to go get a book called Transition Magician. It has great trick to keep any class under control, another good one is Sanity Savers. Love & Miss you! Shar
Thanks. I got Transition Tips and Tricks and that has been helping. I will definitely have to get Sanity Savers. I've heard it's a good one from other people too. Love you too. I'm excited to see everyone at Christmas.
Post a Comment